Friday 29 October 2010

DDD

If you think the title means a big smile then you are wrong. If you think this blog is about metal then you are partially wrong. If you think I am a stupid self-absorbed bastard you are probably right, but hey, that shouldn’t stop you from reading on.
I’m glad you chose to dig in and if it was just an accident you should know, there are no accidents. Those three letters in the title aren’t just three randomly chosen letters. They have a meaning, even if they don’t mean too much to you. As I already told you they don’t represent the all so popular grin and I must disappoint all those studs who thought that the title stands for my bra size. I don’t wear bras and if I was to wear one it would be a manzier, if you know what I mean. Now you may happen to be a brainiac, with a keen IT knowledge and you might think of Data Display Debugger or better yet, to Domain-driven design but this isn’t the case either. Although the latter would be good.
Diabolus Dei’s Dream. This is the simple truth behind the title. I am Diabolus Dei and I’m living my dream. This dream isn’t as glorious as Martin Luther King’s dream was. It isn’t as progressive as Petrucci’s, Portnoy’s or Myung’s Dream is but it’s the only one I have. It’s about spending a couple of years in London together with my wife, working for an honest living and spending time at various places or metal gigs in this fine city. And if I were to write a couple of good posts in the meantime it would be just perfect. I can’t promise that all of them will be about metal, although I guess most of them will revolve around it in some way or another. But I hope that all of them will show a different approach to the subject. It became clear to me in these two months I spent in London, that the things I take for granted aren’t that way here. And this is true the other way around too. Basically this is the purpose of this blog. Will see where this journey will take us, if it will take us anywhere at all.
And when I’ve talked about a couple of good posts I meant good posts, not like this one, this one made me sweat. If a post does that then it stinks for sure. So I won’t struggle with it for too long. Actually I will end it here.

Primo from Diabolus Dei on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment