Tuesday 25 January 2011

Underground

The underground played a big part in the metal and generally the music scene. It’s only natural, as no one is born a superstar, well except Webbers’s Jesus, but everyone else has to start from deep under and fight his way up. Or sink even deeper but that’s another story.
So here I am, a Hungarian from Transylvania writing with a pen made in Japan while sitting on the train in London. Mind the doors!!! I am restarting this blog from the underground not because I want to draw a parallel with all the bands or because I fancy it or want to look fancy. No, I’m doing this because it’s the only chance I have to write. Working 8 hours and traveling 4 hours a day doesn’t really give me enough time to write. Mind the doors, please mind the doors!!! Of course I could write in the 3 or 4 hours that remain but I don’t like it. I can’t function with a clock ticking in my ears, I’m not a bomb. So I bought a cheap notebook and a pen and here I am struggling to write something. It’s not the easiest things to do on this moving train; it takes a long time to write down something. Just like speaking in entish, - that being the language of the ents of Tolkien fame – although they only said something if it was worth the time it took to say it. This isn’t the case here, as you will see it. Mind the gap!!! In the last couple of weeks I thought about many interesting things to write about but now that I actually have a way to note it down my mind is blurry, so that’s it folks, hope to be more inspired next time. Mind the doors, please mind the doors. (Yep, sadly my good headphones were ruined so I’m using a pair of cheap ones as a replacement which aren’t loud enough; so many noises from the outside break through my wall of metal sounds. Usually that should be impossible, but now I’m minding the door and the gap and everything that’s being said in the loudspeakers.)

Note to myself: be sure to choose an instrumental song so the lyrics don’t overshadow my words.


sodras from Diabolus Dei on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment